Friday, October 31, 2008

Guys Week

Guys week has come and gone and what an experience it was. From the quality male bonding time to discovering and enjoying Canmore, Alberta to paintballing to just cuddling up at night to watch Braveheart; we as men did a lot. Also as men, with the help of Blayne Greiner and Gary Cropley we talked about our “feelings” about the other sex and what does it mean to be a Godly man in North American society.
With Blayne sharing not only where he’s at with God but his own personal stories, I for one gained some insight and I’m sure many of the other guys did as well. Of everything we did do as a group my favorite would be the session we spent coming up with questions to ask the ladies about themselves. Just the whole process of brainstorming, deliberating, agreeing and fine-tuning was so humbling to see because as a young adult I realize that I’m not the only one trying to figure out my role and looking for God’s guidance when it comes to relations to the opposite sex.
By the end of the week, I was in some ways sad to leave because of everything that had happened and been accomplished as men of God. But not too disappointed because the girls from our site came to pick us up in the morning. If there is one ideal that I will take away from this weekend is that if we as men treat all women the way Christ treated the church there would be a lot less tragedy and more joy everywhere.

Vijoy

No comments: